Life on the other side of the pond

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Early days of job search

End of day two in my job search. Things seem to be going well. There are loads of Business Analyst jobs online, although most of them seem to want 3 years experience in a banking environment. I'm hoping they'll overlook that and see straight to my strong experience.

At this point I'm still hopeful. I got a callback yesterday from a headhunter... asked me to look at a job. Unfortunately it was for a pre-sales position and since I couldn't stand the pre-sales people when I had to deal with then, I was pretty sure I didn't want to become one! Gratefully he's keeping an eye out for me.

I keep wondering if this is the honeymoon period of the job search. When everything seems rosy and bright... just waiting for all those calls to start pouring in... and they will... any day now!!!???!!! I can just picture myself a month from now working at the local McDs still waiting for those calls!! ;)

No worries still keeping my spirits up... only I would expect to get a job within the first week of trying. It's that damn instant gratification... I really do need to learn the art of patience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home